Thursday, February 14, 2013

Interview with photographer Dalia Emilie

Dalia Emilie

What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  
Everything. From an angry old mexican lady till the drummer from the burger king. I like finding the people at that moment where they're the most vulnerable and live without any masks.


               Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?
I took my first photos when I was in Africa, about 14 years old. I just noticed something truly beautiful at that moment, I remember, and I also found something perfect about the prints of nature. Shadows on walls, flowers at night, reflections of golden fishes underwater - anything that nature gives us magnificent, and anything that we make magnificent by ourselves. Also buildings and not very well known people with their own unique history.
          
            
Three adjectives to describe yourself.
Red orange purple. Haha, no, really - I couldn't describe myself at all, especially in three words.
                A film, a book and a song. 
Film - Beasts of the southern wild.
Book - Trout fishing in america by mr. Brautigan
Song - Cocorosie - youwannafuckme               What camera do you use? Dou you use one lense?
Anything that comes to my hands. From simple digital cameras to the ones with films. At the moment I use Minolta x700.               Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.

I had one in "Užupis district", Vilnius. It was really very simple - I showed the latest music video that I made and some photographs from Mexico and Belize and then we ate pancakes from space.
         
                Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?
Yes, you can just message me to emilijadalia@gmail.com and write your needs.
 

                Favourite photographer.
ƒenk and Labyrinth la Personages team.

 

            Describe some of your projects.
As most of my time now I spend on the music videos, I'm thinking about making a short movie of "In Wartermelon Sugar" based on Brautigan's novel. And keep on traveling weary and taking pictures of the forgotten lands, haha.

             Your main concept.
I mostly capture my moments of journeys so I would call it a map of visions and people that I meet. I love being on the road - then I can observe different life and cultures and weird things in life. A good photograph should remind you something that you used to live in or a moment you miss, but never experienced. I also believe that art is nothing but an inspiration for people to make unusual choices and live differently.

                 Your plans.
Being crazy in love with what I do.











It is called, (in accordance with Brautigan's book) "iDEATH" - iDEATH is a place where the sun shines a different colour every day and where people travel to the length of their dreams. Rejecting the violence and hate of the old gang at the Forgotten Works, they lead gentle lives in watermelon sugar.

As for myself, I work as a freelance music video director in Lithuania, although I was always interesting in a picture by itself - moving or not.

Dalia Emilie, 18 y.o., Lithuania.
https://vimeo.com/user16032755
http://daliaemilie.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...