Monday, July 21, 2014

Interview with photographer Mariana Dias


          

    What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  

Freedom, I suppose. Just the fact that you are able to wander and see the world is wonderful. I am attracted by nature, night summer's breeze and emotions -- the late are very special to me.


               Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?

I'm graduated on Fine Arts. Although I stil paint, illustrate and so on, photography gave me freedom. I can do whatever comes to my mind (yet, it can still be challenging)! Photography gave me another point of view and a new way of creation.


                 Three adjectives to describe yourself.

I am enthusiastic, a dreamer and I also can be somewhat insecure.

                A film, a book and a song

A film...I'd have to say "The Crow" (1993) or "Lolita" (1997). A book, that's a toughie!... "Warm Bodies". A song, "Cola" by Lana del Rey.




              What camera do you use?  lense?

Right now I use a Canon AE-1 with its 50mm prime lenses. I also have a digital, which is Canon 50D and I use 50mm prime lenses too.


             Tell about exhibition if you ‘ve had any.

I've had my first and only (for now) exhibition on 2012 called "Azul Perdição". I wanted to show some of my most recent works, by then (all in digital) and wanted to create "another" world-y feeling for the visitor. The works I had chosen for the exibition were all mainly in blue tones and surreal/illustrative.

            Do you sell prints? How do you make it and where can someone buy?

I would gladly sell prints of my works to whomever would be interested. I haven't sold any yet, but it's never late to start selling! If anyone is interested, they can contact me via email for that purpose. I'll soon have a section about prints on my cargo collective website.

            What was your most big success? 


Painting Lana del Rey's portrait in oil! I don't quite enjoy working with oil painting and I hadn't worked with it ever since uni, so it was a big success.


           Favourite photographer.

That's very hard. I admire so many artists! But I'll choose Zemotion,

            Describe some of your projects


My projects go around pretty much the same concept, although I try to add something else to make each new project different than the last, of course. It's never easy though. I like everything that is "strange", unusual. An image that will create a certain mood within the viewer, make him/her "travel" in dreams, question herself/himself...wonder. In the end, I want reactions, emotions!
 
            Your main concept.


Pretty much what I've said before. Surreal, dreamy-like, strange and fantasy compositions that will transmit/create emotions to whoever's looking at it.
 
           What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography.


Right now I work at a clothing shop and will be taking my Masters' Degree on Arts this year. I love gaming (Final Fantasy is the love of my life), I love music and cinema. I like reading and I still paint.

           Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?

Never give up. Whether you want to be a photographer or an artist in general, never give up. An artist's life isn't easy, I am still trying to find my place in the world, but the key is to always believe and keep the faith. Fight for what you believe.


          Do you work as photographer? 

Unfortunately no. I never stop creating, though!
                                               

            Your plans.

I want to take my Masters' degree, get better in what I do, get noticed in the artistic world, travel around the world and fulfill my dreams!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...