Thursday, August 20, 2015

Interview with photographer Federica Santolamazza


            
 About you:
22 Years old, based in Roma, selfportrait artist

What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?  
 I am totlly obsessed with details of ordinary things which could be unnoticed by many people. In particular I pay attention to how objects or people reflect the sunlight. It really fascinates me. Light can change everything. If you take a picture of the same main object during different hour of the day/night you'll be able to relate each time a different emotional story about it. Furthermore I'm always feeling so exposed to memories and dreams which inspirate me day by day.

Describe some of your projects
Usually I decide to shot something when I'm feeling terrible melancholic or otherwise so happy. Each selfportrait wants to describe to everyone who stare at them a particular event of my life. I don't think that the word 'project' is suitable to my way of shoot. I see it like a sweet flow of feelings and mood.

  Tell us about your experience as  photographer what did it give you?
 I learned a lots of things including how to be patient with myself and to handle and control every part of my body. I am always looking for harmony between my body and the surroundings.

Three adjectives to describe yourself.
Instinctive, emotional, stubborn.

A film, a book and a song
 Life of Pi, A thousand Splendid Suns, Home 

What camera do you use?  lense?
For my selfportrait I use a Nikon D5000 with a 17-50 mm



What was your most big success? 
My greatest achievement is to feel surrounded by positive people who make me feel their love in every moment of my life. They inspire me so so so much.

Favourite photographer.
 Who doesn't love Theo Gosselin ?! Anyway I don't have one or more favorite photographers. Especially when I have some free time  I prefer to discover on Flickr  new young talents from all over the world.

 What is your occupation, job, interest besides photography. describe it.
 Currently I am a college student but I am looking for an employment too. Thanks to my family I always had the opportunity to visit so many beautiful place in the world then at the top of my interests list there is certainly the passion for travels.

 Which advice would you give someone who wants to become a (professional) photographer?
Feel always ree to express yourself and never stop to fill your days with creativity.

Do you work as photographer? 
No,  I don't, but during the winter season I am the official photographer of S.S. Lazio Calcio a 8 Team.

Your plans.

I hope to graduate as soon as possible. Regarding my future I wish to being able to preserve an important gift that a special person left to me: the capability to remember everything, everyday, about the people I love  in order to let live them forever.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...